Author Topic: WiFi hanging  (Read 3837 times)

ecloud

WiFi hanging
« on: October 11, 2015, 08:55:29 AM »
This problem has existed since the machine shipped: if I try to connect the machine to my network via WiFi, it only works for a few minutes, then disconnects.  And usually the UI hangs when that happens.  So I was using a wired ethernet connection for most of the time since then, but now I've moved the machine and wanted to try WiFi again... and the same problem is back.  There have been a lot of firmware updates since last time I tried that.

syer1

Re: WiFi hanging
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 11:23:59 PM »
maybe try a clean flash of the latest OS? Its helped me with random issues before.

ecloud

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 06:55:56 PM »
maybe try a clean flash of the latest OS? Its helped me with random issues before.

Where did you download the image from?

syer1

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 07:16:40 PM »

Where did yo
u download the image from?

I'll post tutorial and files later on tonight.

AndrewLemaitre

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 03:08:20 AM »
Hi all,

I too have had the WiFi issue and since I acquired my Zeus. The Zeus local server works temporarily on stng.art, but always stops working after a relatively short period of time. I typically start my machine, print something for 30minutes to an hour, and then have to restart because the Zeus local server stops working. I don't know if the wifi actually hangs or not, but I will see if I can access the internet next time it stops responding over the network.

There are two different scenarios I encounter:

• The local server stops responding. When I go to the wifi screen I am still connected to wifi.
  • The local server stops responding. When I go to the wifi screen, no networks are displayed and I'm no longer connected to any of them.

I will try

• removing the wifi dongle and then putting it back. I will see if I can reconnect to wireless this way. I will also see if local server starts working when I do this.
  • Checking internet connectivity when local server stops working.

I'll post with my results when the wifi problem occurs next.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:10:31 AM by AndrewLemaitre »

3DRicardo

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 02:05:58 PM »
im having the same issue. my only resolve has been powering off the zeus and back on again. styr1 mentioned a flash on the os, any tutorial on that yet sir?

AndrewLemaitre

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 10:08:57 PM »
I'm experiencing local server connection problems. My conditions at the moment are:

1. I can not access the internet through the browser on the Zeus. I am connected to WiFi still. I can not access via URL, I can not resolve hosts. I can not connect via IP address. I can not access the Zeus from my computer.

I disconnected from wireless via the Zeus desktop screen. I reconnected. I can now access the internet from the Zeus and connect to it over my local network.

AndrewLemaitre

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 01:10:45 AM »
I'm experiencing local server connection issues again. The wireless has stopped working. I am no longer connected to the wireless network and the machine can not detect any networks because the wireless is 'disconnected'. The dongle has been plugged in the entire time and still is.

I took out the WiFi dongle and plugged it back in. Wireless is back up and it automatically connected to my network. The local server is accessible again.

syer1

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 12:36:18 AM »
im having the same issue. my only resolve has been powering off the zeus and back on again. styr1 mentioned a flash on the os, any tutorial on that yet sir?

sorry been a bit busy but ill make one in the next few days for sure.

sharkattackproducts

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 07:42:15 PM »
Any update on these am having same problem

UnionNine

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 11:04:17 PM »
*bump* this is still an issue I run into where the wi-fi adapter times out, and the best thing I can do is just unplug and re-plug the little USB wireless dongle to get things up and running again. Any alternative, more formal solutions?

GustavoRon

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 09:35:22 AM »

Still an issue for me too unfortunately.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 05:56:48 PM by GustavoRon »