Author Topic: Printing with ABS  (Read 1815 times)

stonybonytony

Printing with ABS
« on: February 26, 2016, 02:09:19 PM »
Anyone successfully printed with ABS? I'm not having much success, have turned the temperature up to 230 degrees, are there any other changes I should make? I've managed to print very small things, but anything larger is just delaminating or jamming and turning into a mess of fibres.

syer1

Re: Printing with ABS
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 06:10:18 PM »
Anyone successfully printed with ABS? I'm not having much success, have turned the temperature up to 230 degrees, are there any other changes I should make? I've managed to print very small things, but anything larger is just delaminating or jamming and turning into a mess of fibres.

ABS should require a heated bed which we do not have.  (at least not yet  :o )

What settings are you using to print and what type of objects? Are you using the UHU glue stick or other brand? Blue tape? Im going to print that rose you posted as soon as i get out of work. Also are you doing all your slicing on a computer or on the printer itself?

stonybonytony

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 03:30:35 PM »
Yes, customer support said the same thing. I'm printing fairly simple shapes, variations on boxes and cylinders and funnels, but they need to go in a marine aquarium so PLA is no good. I'm using UHU glue stick. I didn't post the rose. I'm doing my slicing on the printer, is there an advantage to slicing on a computer instead?

UnionNine

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 11:07:05 PM »
I've also tried this wit no serious success, so *bump* for getting some input... or any ideas about when a heated bed might be an add-on option.