Author Topic: level the print bed  (Read 1944 times)

alexzogh

level the print bed
« on: April 13, 2015, 03:36:51 PM »
My print bed isn't level.
 When I set the nozzle height for the front of the bed, the back of the bed won't print. When I set the nozzle height for the back of the bed, the front of the bed won't stick - it's too high.

A couple of thoughts...

1) I thought the four point auto-level process should automatically fix this (move the Z height as it prints to compensate for leveling issues). Is it not working?

2) Is there a manual process to level the bed? It's sufficiently off (.3mm) that I can't print anything of size. Also run into issues of the back pressure creating nozzle blockages.

Things I've done already:

- verified the glass plate is level
 - verified all of the screws holding the bed onto the z-axis rods are tight.

alexzogh

Re: level the print bed
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 01:18:53 PM »
Still wondering about this.

I've been reduced to using the zeus only for scanning small objects - the printing is worthless because the bed isn't level. You would think that the "auto level" process would compensate for this, but apparently it only effects the creation of the raft. If you want to print directly onto the plate, you are out of luck.

I'll be putting my printer up on Ebay shortly. If anyone is interested beforehand, please let me know.

ecloud

Re: level the print bed
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 09:22:21 AM »
It seems to me that auto-leveling does work, because I can see the Z screw moving slightly as it prints.  (Which will cause long-term wear issues, I suppose.)